Your Favorite Posts – 2012
Last year, I enjoyed looking at the posts people had made about what posts were popular on their blog. Not only did it give me insight as to how to improve my own blog, but it was a shortcut to several recipes that I wanted to try. So, here are the most popular recipes and posts on my blog, since its start in May 2011. If you’re a newcomer to my blog, I hope that this gives you some insight as to what else I have on my blog. And please, leave a comment as to what your favorite post has been.
Top 10 Recipes: Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Nut-free
- Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup - I don’t make casseroles that often, so I didn’t mind terribly much to not be able to use canned cream of chicken soup anymore. But I do like the taste of this soup, and have made it again since posting.
- Sweet Cornbread I make this recipe over and over. All of my family loves it.
- Chex Muddy Buddies (aka Puppy Chow or Penguin Poo) I’ve made this recipe multiple times, though I have yet to make it this winter. Everyone I’ve shared it with (including non-allergy people) like the taste.
- Baked Vegan Taquitos I haven’t made these too often since posting, though this post is making me crave them. We’ll see if my carnivore husband can live with that. Draining the spinach carefully did help the taste.
- Chicken Pot Pie I’ve made this only once again since posting, but it still turned out pretty well. Good way to use up leftover meat.
- Pumpkin Scones I haven’t made this again since posting. I’m just not that fond of pumpkin flavored things. But they did taste good when I made them.
- Cinnamon Rolls I haven’t made these again since posting, due to the fact that they take so much effort. But I’m starting to crave them now.
- Coconut-Ginger Sauce I make this recipe over and over. I’ve found that I like it better with original flavored coconut milk, (so it has more of a savory taste) or with coconut creamer (which makes it thicker).
- Chocolate-Chip Coconut Ice-Cream Haven’t made this recipe again, but it was a big hit with Joseph. Reducing the amount of water by 1/2 in a similar recipe did help the consistency.
- Root Beer Cupcakes I haven’t made these again, since we haven’t had the occasion, and there have been other cupcake recipes I wanted to make, but I’d be willing to give these a go again.
Top Informational posts:
- FAQ: The Need for Gluten-Free Rice Krispies I get a lot of google searches asking why Kellogs needed a separate Rice Krispies cereal. It also contains the recipe I use to make gluten-free, dairy-free Rice Krispie Treats.
- Update on Joseph’s Eczema My year old post on Joseph’s eczema for the first year of his life. The pictures are fairly dramatic.