Thankful With Allergies
I have no tips or experience to give with having an allergy-friendly Thanksgiving, so I just thought I’d take today to write out a list of things I’m grateful for while we deal with the challenge of cutting dairy, gluten, and soy out of my son’s diet.
- I’m grateful that we caught these allergies by the time he was 6 months old so he had a minimal amount of time suffering unknowingly.
- I’m grateful for knowledge of how to cook healthy foods so he still gets the nutrition he needs.
- I am EXTREMELY grateful for the many blogs and communities online so I can find tips and recipes.
- I am grateful for the many products that have sprouted up so Joseph can enjoy similar things to the rest of us.
- I’m grateful for understanding friends and family, who are willing to accommodate Joseph and be guinea pigs for allergy-friendly meals.
- I’m grateful for herbs so Joseph doesn’t have to have flavorless food without butter and cheese.
- I’m so grateful that Joseph is not a picky eater.
- I’m grateful for fruits, vegetables, and other foods that are naturally Joseph-safe.
- I’m grateful that I’ve never had to take Joseph to the ER due to a reaction.
- I’m grateful for prayer, which gives me the strength to keep pressing forward.
What things do you have to add?